Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Foxeer DATURA X2206 2700 Kv quad racing motor initial impressions

Hi Everyone -

Another quad racing motor arrived in the mail today, the Foxeer DATURA X2206 2700 Kv I picked up from Banggood on sale for $18.90 USD (regular price $22.63)
Mine came with mounting bolts to attach it to a quad copter and one prop nut.  Note that the shaft is hollow to keep the motor as light as possible.



My scale kept fluctuating between 30 and 32 gr, so I'll call it 31 gr/1.1 oz with no hardware attached.

It has slightly curved magnets just like the EMAX RS2306 2750 Kv motor, in fact they look about the same size and they are N52 magnets just like the EMAX motor.  The tolerance between the magnets and stator is very tight.  The motor spins smoothly by hand, but you can feel that the magnets are strong and "grabby"😉  Also of note, the shaft can be changed by removing a nut rather than messing with a "C" clip.  The EMAX motor came with a spare bolt and washer for this, this motor did not, but I don't consider that too critical.
The motor wires are about 5"/130 mm long, I will leave them this length.
With bullet connectors, heat shrink, prop and prop nut attached, motor weight is now 42 gr/1.5 oz.
This puts this motor close to the same category for lightness as the BrotherHobby Returner R2 2205 2800 Kv, so I'm excited to see the comparison since the DATURA has a slightly taller stator, but is rated at 100 Kv less.  From the looks and feel of the motor out of the box, I am hoping for some good things.  I will get bench testing done when my thrust stand arrives in the mail, this motor may get field tested before it gets bench tested, but that's OK😉

I can't really seem to find a max amp limit for this motor.  In one of the charts it showed it pulling 46.23A at a temp of 62C.  I don't think I will ever be pulling that many amps on 3S, I will give it a quick check with the wattmeter before flying if I haven't bench tested before then.

Edit/update 08 Mar 2018:  Ryan Harrell from miniquadbenchtest.com just released this report on the Foxeer DATURA X2206 2700 Kv.  He found it is actually a 2620 Kv motor, but the rest of the report looks quite good😊

Park Jet noise...the "other" sound of freedom😎

Cheers,

Scott






No comments:

Post a Comment