Thursday, April 19, 2018

Initial post flight report GepRC GR2306 2750 kv motor

Hi Everyone -

Just back from the field blasting 12 flights through my new GepRC GR2306 2750 Kv motor๐Ÿ˜€  You can read more about my initial impressions and bench testing of this motor at this blog post.

From what I saw today, this motor paired with the 6x3 EMP prop using the Turnigy AE-45A ESC with custom settings of 22.5 degrees on the timing and 24 KHz PWM frequency is the new "king" of the quad racing motors I have tested thus far in my park jets.๐Ÿ‘

Here is some video of one of today's flights.  It definitely has much more power mid range, I had to be careful with how much I advanced the throttle when launching or it would want to rip it out of my hand!๐Ÿ˜ฒ  Normally with most motor setups I launch at around 60% throttle, with this motor I had to back that off to about 50% throttle to feel like I could still hang on to the plane.

I also flew the EMAX RS2306 2750 kv motor with the 6x3 EMP prop today and overall, the GepRC has more mid range power and top end speed.  Not as noticeable an increase in top end speed, but definitely at mid range between about 50-75% throttle.  In fact, I would estimate I would be able to reduce the throws down a bit more the plane moves along so fast at mid range, just so I could keep up with the plane.๐Ÿ˜Š

I pushed it hard for 12 flights and it ran smooth and strong the whole time, no hesitation no matter how hard I slammed the throttle around.  Although it was a cool day, temps got up to about 12 C/54 F, the motor and ESC ran very cool, barely any noticeable heat build up at all, so I think even in warmer weather, this setup would run just fine.

Very impressed with this motor and it's performance today, I may have to order another one to have a couple of serious speed setups๐Ÿ˜‰

Park Jet noise...the "other" sound of freedom๐Ÿ˜Ž

Cheers,

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment