Thursday, May 3, 2018

Field test of the EMAX RS2306 2750 kv motor 6x3 EMP prop on 4S - 03 May 2018

Hi Everyone -

Just back from the field ripping some batteries through my red Mig-35B😊
Here is video of one of the flights.  Things happen pretty fast with the extra power, so I might have not been as "chatty" (probably not a bad thing😉) and it was a bit more challenging getting it lined up for some closer passes, but practice will pay off😀



You can read more about the Tattu R-Line 1550 4S 75C batteries I used today at this blog post.

I was pretty impressed with the speed of this plane and how stable it stayed, although since I helped to design and test it, I suppose I'm a bit biased😉

The motor did run pretty warm, but I have certainly felt motors that got a lot warmer and still worked fine.  What really impressed me was how cool the HobbyWing Platinum PRO 40A ESC stayed.  It was warm, but I honestly expected it to be a lot warmer.

In all honesty, I expected it maybe to a bit faster considering it was a 35% increase in thrust over the same prop and motor combo on 3S, but I think the low pitch might have something to do with it.  I suspect when my 5" props show up that have more pitch I might see a bit more speed, but either way, it is very fast and certainly this prop, motor and ESC worked well on 4S.  As I mention in the video, it might take a little patience and discipline to let the motor cool off after a couple of flights on 4S just to keep things running smooth.  

The Tattu 4S batteries had no problem whatsoever delivering the power.  I set my timer for 3 minutes 15 seconds, so the countdown started at about 2:45 and checking the battery shortly after the flight, I was still at around 3.75V per cell which I have learned for long term health is pretty good.  I could probably still safely add about another 15 seconds to the flight in the cooler weather like today (14C/57F), but in the heat of the summer I will probably keep the flights around what I flew today.

So step one of the speed trials is out of the way, I will probably try this out now on my smaller Mig with the 24" wingspan until my "speed build" RC Powers Su-30 V4 is complete.  You can watch more about that project at this playlist on my YouTube channel😀

Park Jet noise...the "other" sound of freedom😎

Cheers,

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment